The bike path between Falkenstein and Regensburg is one of the most beautiful bike paths of the front Bavarian
Forest. The route is about 40 km long and is situated on the former railway line on which 1913 - 1984 the Falkensteiner Bockerl puffed. Thanks to a slight slope, the bike path is even for inexperienced cyclists well suitable. A great destination for the whole family!
A flyer is available free of charge at the District Office Regensburg.
Bike bus and RVV biker ticket
Your wheel is placed on a special trailer. Tandems, child trailers, electric bikes etc. cannot be taken with. The RVV biker ticket is only available in the bike bus itself. It applies only to the bike bus to Falkenstein for one ride and in one direction.
• Adult, bike included: 8,00 €
• Child, bike included: 4,60 €
• 4 persons including 4 bikes: 23,00 €
Due to the limited transportation capacity, a telephone reservation at Regionalbus Ostbayern is recommended under (09 41) 60 00 122, otherwise the bicycle transport is not guaranteed.
How to get there with the RVV
- The bike bus number 34 takes you from Easter Saturday until the 3rd of october on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays to the bike hiking trails. In Whitsun and summer holidays the bike bus drives even daily. You can get into the bus with your bike at the following stops:
- Regensburg, Hauptbahnhof
- Regensburg, Donaustaufer Straße
- Wenzenbach, Kirche
- Hauzendorf, ehem. Bahnhof
- Roßbach, ehem. Bahnhof
- Falkenstein, Busbahnhof
- Timetable download